We are pleased to host disability and employment lawyers from PooranLaw who will deliver an in-person information and training session for people and families engaging workers for support. These sessions will review:
- The most significant aspects of the Bill for families in the DS Sector and the dates they will come into force;
- How you determine whether these obligations apply to your relationship with your worker;
- What your responsibilities are to a worker who is an independent contractor or an employee;
- What steps you can take to protect your loved one with a disability and your family, and ensure positive relationships with your workers; and
- Free resources to help you manage your worker relationship and ensure compliance with the law.
These sessions are free, seating is limited.
Please RSVP at mycommunityhub.ca