Bill 148 Funding
- Bill 148, the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017, includes a variety of new protections for workers and an increase to the minimum wage in Ontario to $14 per hour as of January 1, 2018.
- The government recognizes that Bill 148 may impact expenses for people and families in receipt of direct funding.
- Ontario is providing increased funding for people and families who receive direct funding through the Passport and Special Services at Home programs so they can maintain their services.
- People and families in receipt of direct funding through the SSAH and Passport programs will receive an annualized increase of 15% to their allocation beginning in April 2018.
- For fiscal year 2017/18, people and families will receive a pro-rated 15% increase for a three month period effective January 1, 2018 through to March 31, 2018
- This phased investment will go to support individuals and families in receipt of direct funding through the Passport and Special Services at Home programs manage the range of costs associated with the benefits of Bill 148.
For questions regarding specific details and different implementation dates for parts of the Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017, more information can be found at https://www.ontario.ca/page/plan-fair-workplaces-and-better-jobs-bill-148?_ga=2.266775822.1484068543.1513869797-1348403257.1513869797.